19 May, 2006

back with a plan

My work has calmed down and my travel has ended and I have time to blog again. It feels good. I have decided to come back with a plan. I have decided to do regular blogs on Tuesdays. Why you ask? This gives me the weekend to sort through my notes and decide which wines to sum up and time to research for websites, etc. I like routine and I hope by having a regular day I can establish a better dialogue with readers.

My first return post is not about a particular wine but about particular glasses. My partner and I have spent the last 2 years investing in Riedel glasses to enhance our wine experience. My favourite purchase was the Riedel 'O' s we bought in March. Though we found various prices by calling all over town we opted with the store closet to home, not the cheapest but had the best stock and the staff we talked to knew a lot about the glasses. The 'O' is a stemless glass that is perfect for summer time. No need to worry about the wine blowing your glass over on the patio, or your clumsy mom knocking them over, the glass is not that high and they kind of 'weeble-wobble but don't fall down'. The best part about the 'O' is it is still grape specific shape, so you get the nose , the palate placement and the enhanced taste in a fun glass. This will be the glass of the cabin this year (along with many wines).

All for now, I'll be posting again on Tuesday, May 23.

No comments: