04 November, 2005

cold in winnipeg?

I woke up this morning to the radio announcer discussing snow, and I thought to myself why is it going to get colder just as I am getting over a cold? Yes folks for the last 2 weeks I have suffered through the autumn cold. Other than upping my personal consumption of president's choice tissue it downed my consumption of wine, leaving me little to wine blog about. It did leave me time to appreciate cough syrups, sweet elixirs of relief. Left the swirl, sniff, swallow routine behind for speed gulping off a teaspoon over the bathroom sink(Vancouver 2010 featured event?).

I also did some wine shopping and picked up what will hopefully be some great wines to ease back with. A Mosel Riesling, a Shiraz-Grenache, a Pinot Gris and an Italian Red or 2.

I also did some book shopping. You'll see a post on the 3rd R of wine first.

2 comments:

Keystone said...

While a shot of Buckley's does work wonders on the old respiratory system - it kind of does a number on your tastebuds.

Hope you're feeling better soon, and I look forward to some wine book reviews. If you're still book shopping, I can also recommend anything written by Andrea Immer - her work is amazing!

N90 said...

I also really like Andrea Immer, though my recent purchases are more historical and critical in nature. I also enjoy the wine 'classics' (J. Robinson & H. Johnson).

I stayed away from Buckleys' and headed for the Benylin, it is somewhat more palatable.