18 August, 2005

www woops

With CBC being down I was craving information and surfing the web. Alas, when I tried linking off of this blog and I discovered I am less computer savvy than I thought. My links didn't work, my apologies. Don't worry I fixed them & decided to add a 'Winery Links' section to my blog. I will do my best to add the winery links of the wines I try and blog on a semi-regular basis.

I did have some fun surfing the web and decided the following sites are worth a peak, if you have a chance.
Site#1: Bonny Doon Vineyard Bonny Doon

Thoughts: Big House Pink? Flamingos. Dooniversity - check out the Screwcap section.
Recommend: If you have a lot of time. Speaking of Cap: Screw...


Site#2: Stelvin Stelvin
Thoughts: I love this website! Shows a bit about aging and differentiates between Stelvin & Stelvin+. It also tells you some of the wineries using this closure, including
Inniskillin.
Recommend: Looking for good info on a new closure you have encountered?

Well, onto Site#3: Rock Rabbit Winery
I recently purchased the Sauvignon Blanc but have not had opportunity to try it so I checked out the website
Rock Rabbit Winery.
Thoughts: Load is slow..the ORANGE is blinding.
Recommend: Let you know after I try the wine.

Site#4: Don Sebastiani & Sons Don&Sons
It is no secret I started blogging after reading other wpg. bloggers. One of these bloggers
winnipeg wine blog recommended the Smoking Loon Viognier and I thought before I try the wine I will try the website (Damn you CBC, I am reading about wine and not drinking it!)
Thoughts: Kinda fun, easy to find information.
Recommend: Yes & more on their other wines later.

Site#5: Freixenet (pronounced fresh-a-net?) Freixenet
I have been known to enjoy a bit of Carta Nevada while playing Poker.
Thoughts: Pick Great Britain - the commercials are fun. Pick Russia - if only I could read Russian as well as my computer screen displays it. Pick Germany - Ausgezeichnet, you can log in and 'flirt' with other Freixenet lovers! Pick Canada - does all of Spain find us this boring?
Recommend: Yes, but only after you have had a bit too musch bubbly on a Tooshday.

Site#6: The Little Penguin tlp
Thoughts: just go to 'the penguin zone' and do the 2 quizzes. Quiz#1 aka Personality Test 'If you were a wine what would you be'. Apparently I am Chardonnay but that is only because they don't make Riesling! Quiz#2 - Blush Quiz. I am rarely rose.
Recommend: Fun, relax at work (say 4:45pm on Friday) and just play with this site.




No comments: